Cultivating Your Inner Peace
The happiness and inner peace is within our heart and soul. Since we are all seeking that happiness and inner peace, let’s practice some simple techniques to help us on this journey:
- Finding your own space: Find a quiet and comfortable space at home that gives you some privacy. Lie down on a mat, listen to relaxing background music of your choice, burn some incense or diffuse your choice of essential oil. Start with deep breathing and exhale slowly, as breathe slowly, you are also slowing down your thoughts and brain waves.
- Conscious Breathing: Once the breathing is on a smooth rhythm, start taking deep breaths and hold them until you slowly allow the air to pass through the tensed area within the body in a relaxing way. Do not force the breathing, then slowly release as you exhale. This will help identify the tense area and slowly release muscle tension.
- Falling in love with your own heart: Take deep breaths, hold it and start connecting with your heart. Once you have located your heart on the left upper chest, then smile to your heart. Repeat this at least 10 times or more. The heart is a positive energy source for our body and mind, once your heart is open you are recharged with vitality.
- Circulating your happiness: Taking a deep breath, hold it and visualise the air travelling from your nose up to the crown then going down along the spinal column, to the coccyx area and then flowing up to abdominal, chest and nose. For this practice, always begin with visualisation, and you shall connect to the source of energy at a later state. Repeat 10 times.
- Getting to know your peace: Start with smiling down to your heart, then extend the smile and radiate happiness from your heart to all the cells in your body, from left -side to right-side and top to toes. In comparison, your body is similar to a company where all the cells are represented as a team member, each day you are taking your time to greet and meet all of them with a happy smile.